Tour duration: 8 days 7 nights
Tour types: Photography and Cultural Sightseeing
Destination: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and Wangduephodrang.
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transport: SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro- Paro Vicinity tour
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Keep your camera ready as your pilot guides you through the world’s highest mountains, one after another – Kanchenjunga, Everest, Lhotse, etc.
Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport.
Sites to visit: Rinpung Dzong (Fortress) and National Museum.
Day 02: Paro - Chelela - Thimphu (120 km, 3 hours drive)
In the morning drive to Chelela pass (3988m) from where one will have a spectacular view of Mt Jomolhari (7326 m) and Haa valley down beneath. Enjoy taking photos and having a lunch on this spectacular pass.
From here drive down to Paro valley and then towards Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan.
Tourist sites in Thimphu: World’s Largest Buddha statue and Memorial stupa.
Day 03: Thimphu Excursion
Sites to visit for the day: Takin reserve, Tashichhoe Dzong, Textile museum, Sangaygang, Thimphu city and Vegetable market.
Day 04: Thimphu – Punakha (77 km, 2 hours 20 minutes via Dochula pass)
23 km from Thimphu is a beautiful Dochula pass (3100 m), decorated with hundred and eight stupa. At the backdrop of this pass is Bhutan’s tallest mountain, Mt. Gangkar Puensum (7570 m).
Sites to visit in Punakha: Khemae Lhakhang (fertility temple), Punakha Dzong and Hiking to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Stupa.
Day 05: Punakha – Gangtey (78 km, 3 Hours Drive)
Gangtey is amongst the most beautiful glacial valley in Bhutan. It is located at an altitude of 3000 m above sea level.
Gangtey valley receives its annual visitors, the globally threatened black necked cranes during winter months (November – February) which further beautify the valley. Local community celebrates its arrival with a festival called Black necked crane festival during the month of November.
Important sites: Gangtey monastery.
Day 06: Gangtey – Paro (200 km, 7 Hours Drive)
Sites to visit in Paro: 7th century Kichu Temple and Drugyal Dzong.
Day 07: Tigers Lair monastery hike
Perched on the cliff about 1000 m above Paro valley is the Tigers lair monastery famed for its religious significance and architectural wonder. You are forbidden to take your camera inside but can enjoy clicking from outside the whole sceneries.
Day 08: Departure
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking Taste of Bhutan are as follows:
Peak tourist season (March, April, May, September, October & November)
Single Traveler : $2070
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2000 Per Person
3 and above : $1790 Per Person
Lean tourist season (December, January, February, June, July & August)
Single Traveler : $1720
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $1650 Per Person
3 and above : $1440 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage