Tour duration: 7 days 6 nights
Tour types: Cycling and Cultural Sightseeing
Destination: Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transport: SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport
Check into your hotel. Towards evening enjoy riding around Paro town and pay visit to Rinpung dzong and Kichu monastery.
Day 02: Paro to Thimphu (65kms)
After breakfast ride to Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan. Approximately it will take around 2 to 3 hours for leisure riders.
At Thimphu, check into your hotel, leave your bikes there and set out to explore following sites:
Buddha point, memorial Chorten, Textile museum, and Tashichhoe Dzong.
Day 03: Thimphu – Punakha (77 km) via Dochula pass (3100 m)
Ride to Dochula pass will be challenging as you need to ride uphill for about 23 km. From here then it’s an easy downhill ride.
At Punakha pay visit to Punakha Dzong and Khemae Lhakhang.
Day 04: Punakha Excursion
Spend one more day exploring Punakha valley. In the morning ride alongside the bank of Mochhu river towards Khamsum Yulley Namgyal stupa. From the bridge beneath the stupa, enjoy hiking towards the stupa.
Day 05: Punakha – Paro (142 km)
It’s a long ride back to Paro. Those who not wishing to ride back can travel in their tour vehicle.
Day 06: Hike to Taktsang Monastery (8 hours roundtrip hike)
Today we will spend our day hiking to Taktsang Monastery popularly known as Tigers nest monastery located on a cliff 1000 m above Paro valley.
Day 07: Departure
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Peak tourist season (March, April, May, September, October & November)
Single Traveler : $1799
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $1730 Per Person
3 and above : $1550 Per Person
Lean tourist season (December, January, February, June, July & August)
Single Traveler : $1530
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $1465 Per Person
3 and above : $1285 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
- Bike hiring charges
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage