Tour duration: 8 days and 7 nights
Tour types: Festival & Cultural Sightseeing
Departs: 8 November 2018
Destination: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and Wangduephodrang.
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transport: SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Paro
Day 01 (08/11/2018): Arrival at Paro - Thimphu (65 km, 1 hour 20 minutes)
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Drive to Thimphu for the night.
Day 02 (09/11/2018): Thimphu Excursion
Sites to visit in Thimphu: Buddha statue, Textile museum, Takin reserve, Tashichhoe Dzong, Memorial stupa and Changangkha Lhakhang.
Day 03 (10/11/2018): Thimphu – Gangtey (135 km, 6 hours drive)
Drive towards Bhutan’s most beautiful valley and the venue of our festival. Gangtey valley receives its unique visitors, the globally threatened Black necked cranes during the winter months (November – February)
Day 04 (11/11/2018): Witnessing Festival
Spend your day witnessing the Black necked crane festival. This festival is celebrated by local community to welcome the majestic birds to its winter roosting destination.
Day 05 (12/11/2018): Gangtey – Punakha (78 km, 3 hours drive)
At Punakha we will pay visit to Punakha Dzong, Khemae Lhakhang and Khamsum Yulley Namgyal choeten.
Day 06 (13/11/2018): Punakha – Paro (140 km, 4 hours drive) via Dochula pass (3100 m)
At Paro pay visit to Rinpung and Ta dzong, Kichu monastery and the victorious dzong (Drugyal dzong)
Day 07 (14/11/2018): Taktsang Monastery hike
Drive to Taktsang base in the morning and set out for 7 hours round trip hike to the monastery. The monastery is located 1000 m above Paro valley on a cliff.
Day 08 (15/11/2018): Departure
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination. Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking Black Necked Crane festival is as follows:
Single Traveler : $2070
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2000 Per Person
3 and above : $1790 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage