Tour duration : 05 days 04 nights (2 days trekking)
Tour types : Trekking and Cultural Sightseeing
Departs : Everyday
Destination : Paro and Thimphu.
Accommodations : 3 star hotels / Camping
Difficulty Grading : Easy
Trek starts at : Sangchokhor
Trek ends at : Ramthangkha
Max Elevation : 3500 m
Highest Camp : 3500 m
Best Season : March, April, May, September, October & November
Transport : SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry : Paro
Exit : Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro- Thimphu (65 km, 1 hour 20 minutes drive)
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Transfer to Thimphu.
Day 02: Thimphu sightseeing tour- Paro (65 km, 1 hour 20 minutes drive)
Sites to visit in Thimphu: Buddha statue, Tashichho dzong/fortress, Takin reserve, Memorial Stupa and Textile museum.
Towards evening drive back to Paro.
Day 03: Sang Choekor – Bumdra (trekking)
Trekking distance : 7 km
Trekking time : 2 hours
Campsite location : Below Bumdra Monastery
Campsite altitude : 3500 m
Drive from Paro to Sang Choekor from where the trek begins.
Day 04: Bumdra – Taktsang Monastery – Paro (trekking)
Trekking distance : 15 km
Trekking time : 5 hours
Overnight : At hotel in Paro
Trek down towards Paro via Taktsang monastery. Your car and driver will be waiting for you at Ramthangkha. From here drive to your hotel at Paro.
Day 05: Departure
Your wonderful trekking tour of Bhutan comes to an end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking BumdraTrek is as follows:
Single Traveler : $1500
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $1120 Per Person
3 travelers : $1045 Per Person
4 Travelers : $970 Per Personv 5 - 6 Travelers : $950 Per Person
7 and above Travelers : $935 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
- Trekking Equipments as follows:
- Horses/ potters and ponies
- Toilet tents with toilet pots and toilet papers.
- Sleeping tents (A-shaped) with pillows and mattress
- Dinning tents with tables and chairs
- Kitchen tents with whole set of kitchen items to prepare meals.
- Trekking/camping cooks
- Trekking/camping staffs
- Hot water bags in bed.
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage