Tour duration : 08 days 07 nights (3 days trekking)
Tour types : Trekking and Cultural Sightseeing
Departs : Everyday
Destination : Paro, Bumthang, Trongsa, Wangduephodrang and Thimphu.
Accommodations : 3 star hotels / Camping
Difficulty Grading : Easy
Trek starts at : Toktu Bridge
Trek ends at : Mebar Tsho
Max Elevation : 3400 m
Highest Camp : 2900 m
Best Season : March, April, May, September, October & November
Transport : SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus, Domestic flight
Entry : Paro
Exit : Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro - Paro Vicinity tour (Cultural sightseeing)
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Transfer to your hotel and if time permits, enjoy sightseeing around Paro valley.
Sites to visit in Paro: Paro Ta Dzong (national museum), Paro Rinpung Dzong, Drugyal Dzong and Kichu Lhakhang.
Day 02: Paro – Bumthang (35 minutes domestic flight)
Take a flight from Paro international airport to Bathpalathang domestic airport. Towards after noon pay visit to Jakar Dzong.
Day 03: Toktu Bridge - Nang Lhakhang (trekking).
Trekking distance : 14 km
Trekking time : 6 hours
Campsite location : Near Nang Lhakhang
Campsite altitude : 2900 m
Begin your trek from Toktu bridge following Chamkhar Chu river. There is not much gain in altitude today as the trail is fairly easy.
Day 04: Nang Lakhang - Ogyenchhoeling (trekking).
Trekking distance : 19 km
Trekking time : 7-8 hours
Campsite location : Near Ogyencholing Village.
Campsite altitude : 2850 m
Journey for the day will take us across Phephela Pass (3400 m).
Day 05: Ogyenchhoeling - Bumthang (trekking).
Trekking distance : 11 km
Trekking time : 4 hours
Overnight : At hotel in Bumthang.
Our trekking journey comes to an end today after reaching at Mebar Tsho (burning lake). From here drive to Bumthang.
Day 06: Bumthang - Gangtey via Trongsa (188 km, 6 hours drive)
Our next stop over is at Gangtey, a beautiful glacial valley. Gangtey is known for its unique visitors, the globally threatened Black necked cranes, which migrates from Tibetan plateaus and northern India during winter months (November – March).
Day 07: Gangtey - Thimphu - Paro (200 km, 6 hours drive)
Drive to Paro via Wangduephodrang. Spend some time at Dochula pass (3100 m), before descending down to Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan. Stroll around Thimphu city for a while and drive towards Paro for the night.
Day 08: Departure
Your wonderful trekking tour of Bhutan comes to an end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking Bumthang Cultural Trek is as follows:
Single Traveler : $2840
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2120 Per Person
3 travelers : $1925 Per Person
4 Travelers : $1825 Per Person
5 -6 Travelers : $1770 Per Person
7 and above Travelers : $1745 Per Person
Note: Mentioned price does not cover the domestic airfare from Paro to Bumthang.
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
- Trekking Equipments as follows:
- Horses/ potters and ponies
- Toilet tents with toilet pots and toilet papers.
- Sleeping tents (A-shaped) with pillows and mattress
- Dinning tents with tables and chairs
- Kitchen tents with whole set of kitchen items to prepare meals.
- Trekking/camping cooks
- Trekking/camping staffs
- Hot water bags in bed.
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage