Tour duration: 13 days 12 nights
Tour types: Cultural Sightseeing
Destination: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Haa, Wangduephodrang, Trongsa, Bumthang, Mongar, Trashigang, Trashiyangtse and Samdrupjongkhar
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transportation: SUV cars, Toyota mini bus and Toyota coaster bus
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Samdrup Jongkhar
Day 01: Arrival at Paro – Paro Vicinity tour
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Transfer to your hotel and if time permits, enjoy sightseeing around Paro valley.
Sites to visit for the day: Paro Ta Dzong (national museum), Paro Rinpung Dzong and Kichu Lhakhang.
Day 02: Taktsang Monastery Hike
Taktsang monastery, also known as the Tigers nest monastery has become a must visit site in Bhutan. It is built on a rocky cliff above Paro valley.
The Hiking in total will take 7 hours for a round trip.
Day 03: Paro – Haa (70 km, 3 hours drive) via Chelela Pass (3988 m)
Haa district is located at the extreme western end of Bhutan, bordering China and India.
Tourist sites in Haa: White monastery, Black Monastery and Haa Dzong
Day 04: Haa- Thimphu (115 km, 4 hours drive).
Tourist sites in Thimphu: World’s Largest Buddha statue, Memorial stupa, Takin reserve, Tashichhoe Dzong, Textile museum and Thimphu city.
Day 05: Thimphu – Punakha via Dochula Pass (77 km, 3 hours drive)
Things to do in Punakha: Visit to Punakha Dzong and Khemae Lhakhang, Hiking to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal choeten.
Day 06: Punakha - Gangtey (78 km, 4 hours drive)
Gangtey is amongst the most beautiful glacial valley in Bhutan. It is located at an altitude of 3000 m above sea level.
Gangtey valley receives its annual visitors, the globally threatened black necked cranes during winter months (November – February) which further beautify the valley. Local community celebrates its arrival with a festival called Black necked crane festival during the month of November.
Important sites: Gangtey monastery.
Day 07: Gangtey – Bumthang (188 km, 8 hours drive) via Trongsa
Bumthang is known as cultural heartland of Bhutan many Buddhist historical sites.
Sites to visit on our way: Chendebji Stupa and The majestic Trongsa Dzong.
Day 08: Bumthang Excursion
Spent an extra day here at Bumthang by visiting to following historical sites:
Jakar Dzong, Kurje Lhakhang, Jampay Lhakhang, Tamzhing monastery and Wangduecholing palace.
Day 09: Bumthang – Mongar (198 km, 7 hours drive) via Thrumshingla pass (3780 m)
We will be spending our entire day on road enjoying the wonderful sceneries as we traverse across beautiful villages such as Ura and Sengor. The journey will take us from an elevation of 3800 m to 650 m in a matter of few hours.
At Mongar pay visit to Mongar Dzong.
Day 10: Mongar –Trashigang (91 km, 4 hours drive)
Drive towards extreme eastern districts of Bhutan; Trashigang. As we travel towards Trashigang we will witness local villagers farming nearby.
Tourist sites: Trashigang Dzong
Day 11: Trashigang – Trashiyangtse – Trashigang (130 km, 5 hours drive)
Trashiyangtse is amongst the beautiful district in Bhutan with numbers of historical sites. Amongst the scores, we will pay visit to the famous Choeten Kora and Gomphu Kora.
Drive to Trashiyangtse from Trashigang in the morning and drive back for the night.
Day 12: Trashigang – Samdrupjongkhar (180 km, 7 hours drive)
Drive towards Samdrupjongkhar, the border town that connects Bhutan with India.
Day 13: Departure
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Bus station. Buses from here depart to Guwahati (100 km, 3 hours) international airport.
Cost of booking Bhutan Drukyul Odyssey are as follows:
Peak tourist season (March, April, May, September, October & November)
1. Single Traveler : $3390
2. Dual/ 2 Travelers : $3270 Per Person
3. 3 and above : $2910 Per Person
Lean tourist season (December, January, February, June, July & August)
1. Single Traveler : $2790
2. Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2630 Per Person
3. 3 and above : $2310 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage