Tour duration: 10 days 9 nights
Tour types: Cultural Sightseeing
Destination: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Wangduephodrang, Trongsa and Bumthang
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transport: SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro - Thimphu (65 km, 1 hour 20 minutes)
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Drive to Thimphu for the night.
Day 02: Thimphu Vicinity tour Spend your day exploring Thimphu valley:
Tourist sites to explore in Thimphu: World’s Largest Buddha statue, Memorial stupa, Takin reserve, Tashichhoe Dzong, Textile museum and Thimphu city.
Day 03: Thimphu – Punakha (77 km, 2 hours 20 minutes via Dochula pass)
Things to do in Punakha: Visit to Punakha Dzong and Khemae Lhakhang, Hiking to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal choeten.
Day 04: Punakha – Trongsa (142 km, 6 hours drive)
Drive towards Trongsa via Pelela pass (3300 m).
Sites to visit for the day: Chendebji Choeten and the majestic Trongsa Dzong.
Day 05: Trongsa – Bumthang (68 km, 2 hours drive)
Bumthang, the cultural heartland of Bhutan has scores of historical sites and the few we will be visiting today are Kurje Lhakhang, Jakar Dzong and Jampay Lhakhang.
Day 06: Bumthang Excursion
Spent one more day here at Bumthang.
Highlight of today’s tour includes visit to Mebar Tsho (the burning lake), Tamzhing monastery, Kenchosum Lhakhang and Wangduecholing Palace.
Day 07: Bumthang – Gangtey (188 km, 6 Hours Drive via Trongsa)
Gangtey is amongst the most beautiful glacial valley in Bhutan. It is located at an altitude of 3000 m above sea level.
Gangtey valley receives its annual visitors, the globally threatened black necked cranes during winter months (November – February) which further beautify the valley. Local community celebrates its arrival with a festival called Black necked crane festival during the month of November.
Important sites: Gangtey monastery.
Day 08: Gangtey – Paro (200 km, 7 Hours Drive)
Drive back to Paro via Dochula pass. At Paro pay visit to Paro Ta Dzong, Rinpung Dzong and Kichu Lhakhang.
Day 09: Taktsang Monastery Hike
Taktsang monastery, also known as the Tigers nest monastery has become a must visit site in Bhutan. It is built on a rocky cliff above Paro valley.
The Hiking in total will take 7 hours for a round trip
Day 10: Departure
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking Bhutan Embracing the Dragon are as follows:
Peak tourist season (March, April, May, September, October & November)
1. Single Traveler : $2618
2. Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2528 Per Person
3. 3 and above : $2258 Per Person
Lean tourist season (December, January, February, June, July & August)
1. Single Traveler : $2168
2. Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2078 Per Person
3. 3 and above : $1808 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage