Tour duration: 8 days 7 nights
Tour types: Bird watching and Cultural Sightseeing
Destination: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and Wangduephodrang.
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transport: SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro- Paro Vicinity tour
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Transfer to your hotel and if time permits, enjoy sightseeing around Paro valley.
After lunch, preferably around late afternoon, we will scour Paro river for Ibis bill. We may be able to see other birds like White collared Blackbird, River Lapwing and Black-tailed Crake.
Day 02: Paro - Chelela - Thimphu (130 km, 3 hour 20 minutes)
In the morning leave to Chelela pass (3,890 m). This cool alpine meadow carpeted with beautiful alpine followers and stunning landscapes is the highest road point in Bhutan. Out here we can spot pheasant species like the Kalij Pheasant, Himalayan Monal and Blood Pheasant. We will also have sightings of Laughing thrush, Rose finch and Grosbeak.
From here drive back down to Paro for the lunch. After lunch drive towards Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan.
Day 03: Thimphu Excursion
In the morning drive towards Cheri monastery where we will catch sightings of the various species of Laughing Thrush - Spotted, Chestnut-Crowned, White-throated - plus Rufous-bellied Woodpecker, Brown Dipper and White-collared Blackbird.
Towards afternoon we will drive back to Thimphu and enjoy sightseeing around Buddha statue, memorial stupa and Thimphu city.
Day 04: Thimphu – Punakha (77 km, 2 hours 20 minutes via Dochula pass)
Drive towards Punakha via Dochula pass (3100 m). As we traverse through the forests of hemlock and oak and we will spot the beautiful Satyr Tragopan, a rarity of the Himalayas. We will also come across Rufous-breasted Bush Robin, Black-eared Shrike Babbler, Yellow-billed Blue Magpie, Fire-tailed Myzornis and Rufous-gorgeted Flycatcher.
Day 05: Punakha – Phobjikha (78 km, 4 hours drive)
Phojikha valley is known for its unique visitors, the globally threatened Black neck crane, which migrates during winter months (November – March) from neighboring northern India and southern China.
Day 06: Gangtey – Paro (200 km, 7 Hours Drive)
Drive back to Paro via Dochula pass. At Paro pay visit to those sites which you have not covered on your first day.
Day 07: Taktsang Monastery hike
Today we will hike to Bhutan’s most iconic monastery located on a sheer cliff above Paro valley.
Day 08: Departure
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking Following the Wings is as follows:
Peak tourist season (March, April, May, September, October & November)
Single Traveler : $2270
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2100 Per Person
3 and above : $1870 Per Person
Lean tourist season (December, January, February, June, July & August)
Single Traveler : $1980
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $1800 Per Person
3 and above : $1540 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage