Tour duration: 9 days 8 nights
Tour types: Cultural Sightseeing
Destination: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Wangduephodrang, Trongsa, and Bumthang.
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transport: SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro- Paro Vicinity tour
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Transfer to your hotel and if time permits, enjoy sightseeing around Paro valley.
Tourist sites in Paro: Paro Ta Dzong (national museum), Paro Rinpung Dzong and Kichu Lhakhang.
Day 02: Paro – Thimphu (65 km, 1 hour 20 minutes)
Thimphu the capital city of Bhutan is located 65 km east of Paro international airport. Driving from Paro to Thimphu will take roughly hour and 20 minutes.
Tourist sites in Thimphu: World’s Largest Buddha statue, Memorial stupa, Takin reserve, Tashichhoe Dzong, Textile museum and Thimphu city.
Day 03: Thimphu – Punakha (77 km, 2 hours 20 minutes via Dochula pass)
Things to do in Punakha: Visit to Punakha Dzong and Khemae Lhakhang, Hiking to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal choeten.
Day 04: Punakha – Bumthang (212 km, 8 Hours Drive via Trongsa)
Your entire day will be spent on road, traversing across three districts (Wangduephodrang, Trongsa and Bumthang) and two passes (Pelela-3390 m & Yotongla-3425m).
Day 05: Bumthang Excursion
Spent one more day here at Cultural heartland of Bhutan
Highlight of today’s tour includes visit to Kurje Monastery, Jampay Lhakhang, Jakar Dzong and Tamzhing monastery.
Day 06: Bumthang – Gangtey (188 km, 6 Hours Drive via Trongsa)
Gangtey is amongst the most beautiful glacial valley in Bhutan. It is located at an altitude of 3000 m above sea level.
Gangtey valley receives its annual visitors, the globally threatened black necked cranes during winter months (November – February) which further beautify the valley. Local community celebrates its arrival with a festival called Black necked crane festival during the month of November.
Important sites: Gangtey monastery.
Day 07: Gangtey – Paro (200 km, 7 Hours Drive)
Drive back to Paro via Dochula pass. At Paro pay visit to those sites which you have not covered on your first day.
Day 08: Taktsang Hike
Taktsang monastery, also known as the Tigers nest monastery has become a must visit site in Bhutan. It is built on a rocky cliff above Paro valley.
The Hiking in total will take 7 hours for a round trip.
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking Bhutan Into The Heartland are as follows:
Peak tourist season (March, April, May, September, October & November)
1. Single Traveler : $2360
2. Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2280 Per Person
3. 3 and above : $2040 Per Person
Lean tourist season (December, January, February, June, July & August)
1. Single Traveler : $1960
2. Dual/ 2 Travelers : $1880 Per Person
3. 3 and above : $1640 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage