Tour duration: 9 days 8 nights
Tour types: Festival & Cultural Sightseeing
Departs: 23 October 2018
Destination: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Wangduephodrang, Trongsa and Bumthang.
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transport: SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Paro
Day 01 (23/10/2018): Arrival at Paro international airport – Paro vicinity tour
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Transfer to your hotel and if time permits, enjoy sightseeing around Paro valley.
Day 02 (24/10/2018): Paro – Bumthang (35 minutes flight)
Take a flight from Paro international airport to Bumthang, Bathpalathang airport. Flight durations are approximately 30 – 35 minutes.
If time permits, pay visit to Jakar Dzong and Kurje Lhakhang.
Day 03 (25/10/2018): Witnessing Festival
Venue of the festival: Jampay Lhakhang. Spend your day witnessing the festival and mingling with local people.
Day 04 (26/10/2018): Bumthang – Gangtey (188 km, 6 Hours Drive via Trongsa)
Gangtey is amongst the most beautiful glacial valley in Bhutan. It is located at an altitude of 3000 m above sea level.
Gangtey valley receives its annual visitors, the globally threatened black necked cranes during winter months (November – February) which further beautify the valley. Local community celebrates its arrival with a festival called Black necked crane festival during the month of November.
Important sites: Gangtey monastery.
Day 05 (27/10/2018): Gangtey valley Excursion
As you will be spending most of your previous day on road, spend one more day here at Gangtey valley taking short hikes to nearby villages and mingling with local peoples.
Day 06 (28/10/2018): Gangtey – Punakha (78 km, 3 hours drive)
Places to visit in Punakha: Punakha Dzong, Khemae Lhakhang and hike to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal choeten.
Day 07 (29/10/2018): Punakha – Thimphu (77 km, 2 hours 30 minutes drive) via Dochula pass
Sites to visit in Thimphu: Buddha Statue, Textile museum, Memorial Stupa and Tashichhoe Dzong.
Day 08 (30/10/2018): Thimphu – Paro (Taktsang hike) (65 km)
After early breakfast drive towards Paro and then to Taktsang monastery base from where your 7 hours round trip hike begins.
Taktsang literally means Tigers nest and the monastery is located on the cliff 1000 m above Paro valley.
Day 09 (31/10/2018): Departure
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination. Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking Jampay Lhakhang Drup is as follows:
Single Traveler : $2360
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2280 Per Person
3 and above : $2040 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage