Tour duration: 7 days 6 nights
Tour types: Festival & Cultural Sightseeing
Destination: Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transport: SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Paro
Day 01 (27/03/2019): Arrival at Paro international airport – Paro vicinity tour
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Transfer to your hotel and if time permits, enjoy sightseeing around Paro valley.
Day 02 (28/03/2019): Witnessing Paro Tshechu
After breakfast, drive to Paro Rinpung Dzong, the venue of Paro Tshechu. Spend your day witnessing festival and mingling with local peoples.
Day 03 (29/03/2019): Paro – Thimphu (65 km)
Thimphu the capital city of Bhutan is located 65 km east of Paro international airport. Driving from Paro to Thimphu will take roughly hour and 20 minutes.
Tourist sites in Thimphu: World’s Largest Buddha statue, Memorial stupa, Takin reserve, Tashichhoe Dzong, Textile museum and Thimphu city.
Day 04 (30/03/2019): Thimphu – Punakha (77 km, 2 hours 20 minutes via Dochula pass)
Things to do in Punakha: Visit to Punakha Dzong and Khemae Lhakhang, Hiking to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal choeten
Day 05 (31/03/2019) Punakha – Paro (140 km, 3 and half hours drive)
Tourist sites to visit in Paro: Paro Rinpung Dzong, National Museum, Drugyal Dzong and Paro Kichu Lhakhang
Day 06 (1/04/2019): Hike to Taktsang monastery
Today we will spend our day hiking to Taktsang Monastery popularly known as Tigers nest monastery located on a cliff 1000 m above Paro valley.
Day 07 (2/04/2019): Departure
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking Paro Tshechu Tour is as follows:
Single Traveler : $1780
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $1720 Per Person
3 and above : $1540 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage