Tour duration: 8 days 7 nights
Tour types: Cultural Sightseeing
Destination: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and Wangduephodrang
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transport: SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro - Thimphu (65 km, 1 hour 20 minutes)
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Drive to Thimphu for the night.
Day 02: Thimphu Vicinity tour
Spend your day exploring Thimphu valley:
Tourist sites to explore in Thimphu: World’s Largest Buddha statue, Memorial stupa, Takin reserve, Tashichhoe Dzong, Textile museum and Thimphu city.
Day 03: Thimphu – Punakha (77 km, 2 hours 20 minutes via Dochula pass)
Things to do in Punakha: Visit to Punakha Dzong and Khemae Lhakhang, Hiking to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal choeten.
Day 04: Punakha - Gangtey (78 km, 4 hours drive)
Gangtey is amongst the most beautiful glacial valley in Bhutan. It is located at an altitude of 3000 m above sea level.
Gangtey valley receives its annual visitors, the globally threatened black necked cranes during winter months (November – February) which further beautify the valley. Local community celebrates its arrival with a festival called Black necked crane festival during the month of November.
Important sites: Gangtey monastery.
Day 05: Gangtey – Paro (200 km, 7 Hours Drive)
Drive back to Paro via Dochula pass. At Paro pay visit to those sites which you have not covered on your first day.
Day 06: Gangtey valley excursion
Spent one more day here at this beautiful valley taking short hikes to nearby villages.
Day 07: Taktsang Monastery Hike
Taktsang monastery, also known as the Tigers nest monastery has become a must visit site in Bhutan. It is built on a rocky cliff above Paro valley.
The Hiking in total will take 7 hours for a round trip.
Day 08: Departure
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking Bhutan Spot Lights of Dragon are as follows:
Peak tourist season (March, April, May, September, October & November)
1. Single Traveler : $2070
2. Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2000 Per Person
3. 3 and above : $1790 Per Person
Lean tourist season (December, January, February, June, July & August)
1. Single Traveler : $1720
2. Dual/ 2 Travelers : $1650 Per Person
3. 3 and above : $1440 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage