Tour duration : 06 days 05 nights (3 days trekking)
Tour types : Trekking and Cultural Sightseeing
Departs : Everyday
Destination : Paro and Thimphu.
Accommodations : 3 star hotels / Camping
Difficulty Grading : Easy
Trek starts at : Kabesa
Trek ends at : Chorten Nyingpo
Max Elevation : 3380 m
Highest Camp : 3380 m
Best Season : March, April, May, September, October & November
Transport : SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry : Paro
Exit : Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro – Thimphu (65 km, 1 hours 20 minutes drive)
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport and transfer you to Thimphu.
If time permits, enjoy exploring around Thimphu.
Day 02: Thimphu – Sinchula (trekking)
Trekking distance : 10 km
Trekking time : 4 -5 hours
Campsite location : Sinchula
Campsite altitude : 3380 m
The trek will begin from Kabesa in Thimphu and would involve a 4-5 hours climb to Sinchula pass. You will be trekking through a wealth of forest cover, comprising of blue pine, oak and rhododendron trees.
Day 03: Sinchula – Dupsingpang (trekking)
Trekking distance : 12 km
Trekking time : 5-6 hours
Campsite location : Dupsingpang
Campsite altitude : 2440 m
As the trail is not very good, the initial part of the trek is a rather slow one. When the weather is clear, one can have a stunning view of Phajoding Monastery and some of the Himalayan peaks. Once you walk for an hour, you will see Thinleygang, Talo Monastery and the highway to Thimphu.
Day 04: Dupshipang – Chorten Nyingpo - Punakha (trekking)
Trekking distance : 20 km
Trekking time : 7-8 hours
Overnight : At Hotel in Punakha
This part of the trek will have you descending through dense forests for about four hours. A small stream has to be crossed twice after which you will be walking through villages and rice fields for another 3-4 hours, before you reach Chorten Nyingpo village where there is an old temple. From here drive towards Punakha for the night.
Day 05: Punakha – Paro (140 km, 4 hours drive)
In the morning explore Punakha valley and slowly proceed towards Paro via Dochula pass.
Day 06: Departure
Your wonderful trekking tour of Bhutan comes to an end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking The Captivating Sinchula Expedition is as follows:
Single Traveler : $1850
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $1390 Per Person
3 travelers : $1300 Per Person
4 Travelers : $1215 Per Person
5-6 Travelers : $1200 Per Person
7 and above Travelers : $1150 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
- Trekking Equipments as follows:
- Horses/ potters and ponies
- Toilet tents with toilet pots and toilet papers.
- Sleeping tents (A-shaped) with pillows and mattress
- Dinning tents with tables and chairs
- Kitchen tents with whole set of kitchen items to prepare meals.
- Trekking/camping cooks
- Trekking/camping staffs
- Hot water bags in bed.
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage