Tour duration : 08 days 07 nights (6 days trekking)
Tour types : Trekking and Cultural Sightseeing
Departs : Everyday
Destination : Paro and Thimphu.
Accommodations : 3 star hotels / Camping
Difficulty Grading : Moderate
Trek starts at : Gynekha
Trek ends at : Chamgang
Max Elevation : 4520 m
Highest Camp : 4300 m
Best Season : March, April, May, September, October & November
Transport : SUV cars, Toyota mini bus, Toyota coaster bus
Entry : Paro
Exit : Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro- Paro Vicinity tour (Cultural sightseeing)
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Representatives (guide and driver) from See Bhutan Travels will receive you from Paro international airport. Transfer to your hotel and if time permits, enjoy sightseeing around Paro valley.
Sites to visit in Paro: Paro Rinpung Dzong, Drugyal Dzong and Kichu Lhakhang.
Day 02: Paro - Gynekha – Gur (Trekking)
Trekking distance : 7 km
Elevation Changes : 550 m ascent, 210 m descent
Trekking time : 4 -5 hours
Campsite location : Gur
Campsite altitude : 3290 m
After an hour’s drive to Gyenkha, the exhilarating trek begins. It starts with a short descent to the river and then a climb to a huge rock platform. A picturesque view of the valley below can be seen from here. After another two hours hike, we will reach the campsite at Gur. During the trek, we will come across some yak pastures.
Day 03: Gur – Labatama (trekking)
Trekking distance : 12 km
Elevation Changes : 1220 m ascent, 110 m descent
Trekking time : 6 hours
Campsite location : Labatama
Campsite altitude : 4300 m
Trek today will be through ridges and beautiful, rugged mountain vegetation with wild alpine flowers carpeting the ground. Refreshing meadows will enchant us. As we ascend the first pass, we will be greeted with a breath-taking view of the world’s third highest mountain, Kanchenjunga, and nearly all the Himalayan peaks in the Bhutanese territory. As we leave the pass and the exhilarating peaks behind, we will be welcomed by the entire Dagala range, interwoven with meadows and huts of yak herders. The last phase of the day’s trek will be a descend to our camp site nearby a serene lake called Uthso Tsho.
Day 04: Discovering Labatama’s Natural Treasures (trekking)
As we relax for the day, we can explore and embrace the beautiful landscape and the pristine nature. A highlight of the day would be excursions to any of three surrounding lakes - Reli Tsho, Hen Tsho and Jama Tsho, which would offer us an ideal opportunity to try our luck with trout fishing.
Day 05: Labatama – Panka (trekking)
Trekking distance : 8 km
Elevation Changes : 260 m ascent, 520 m descent
Trekking time : 6 hours
Campsite location : Panka
Campsite altitude : 4000 m
Today would be the day wherein we can feast our sights on a parade of the Himalayan peaks, led by Everest and others like Kanchenjunga, Jomolhari, Jichu Drake, Tshering Gang, Khangbum, Masang Gang, Tsende Gang and Gangche Ta in tow. We are offered this relishing moment as we climb a little more taking the trail along the western side of Dala lake up to a mountain saddle at 4,520m. It is an awe-inspiring experience as we get soaked in the majesty and pristine nature around us. Later, we descend to Doccha Chhu (river), follow its course for a while and reach Panka. This is a short hike consisting of intermittent climbs and descents.
Day 06: Panka - Talakha (trekking)
Trekking distance : 8 km
Elevation Changes : 180 m ascent, 110 m descent
Trekking time : 5 hours
Campsite location : Talakha
Campsite altitude : 3080 m
This will be a day wherein we will be crossing several passes, without the involvement of any major ascents. We will be seeing various species of Blue Poppy (June-July) and rare high altitude birds. Before descending to Talakha monastery, the last pass we will be crossing is Tale La, located at 4,180 meters. Tonight, our camp will be near the monastery. Early next morning, you will be woken up by the accompaniment of chants of the monks and chimes of ritual bells. From there you can enjoy one last great panoramic view of Bhutan’s capital, Thimphu.
Day 07: Talakha – Chamgang – Paro (trekking)
Trekking distance : 6 km
Elevation Changes : 440 m descent
Trekking time : 3 hours
Overnight : At hotel in Paro
After a short walk we reach a feeder road that takes us to Chamgang village. From there we will drive to Paro.
Day 08: Departure
Your wonderful trekking tour of Bhutan comes to an end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking The Striking Dagala Thousand Lake Trek is as follows:
Single Traveler : $2500
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $1860 Per Person
3 travelers : $1730 Per Person
4 Travelers : $1615 Per Person
5-6 Travelers : $1470 Per Person
7 and above Travelers : $1440 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles with experienced driver – (SUV cars for single and dual travelers, Toyota Mini buses for group of 3 – 9 travelers and Toyota coaster buses for group consisting 10 or more travelers).
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
- Trekking Equipments as follows:
- Horses/ potters and ponies
- Toilet tents with toilet pots and toilet papers.
- Sleeping tents (A-shaped) with pillows and mattress
- Dinning tents with tables and chairs
- Kitchen tents with whole set of kitchen items to prepare meals.
- Trekking/camping cooks
- Trekking/camping staffs
- Hot water bags in bed.
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage