All the tourists while planning tour to Bhutan should be aware of mandatory/compulsory fee that they have to pay.
It is divided into 3 parts as follows:
1. Minimum daily tariff
All the visitors have to pay a minimum tariff of US $250 per person per night stay in Bhutan during the month of March, April, May, September, October and November (Peak Tourist Season) and US $200 per person per night spent in Bhutan during the month of June, July, August, December, January and February (Lean Tourist Season)
However the minimum tariff of $250 during Peak tourist season and $200 during Lean tourist season covers the following:
1. All accommodations in 3 star government approved hotels in twin sharing basis. Single supplement and up gradation to luxury hotels such as 4 star and 5 stars are available on paying extra premium.
2. All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
3. Entrance fee to all tourist visiting sites
4. Tour vehicles for entire tour. (SUV cars and Toyota mini bus for smaller groups and Toyota coaster buses for larger groups)
5. Experienced Driver
6. Licensed English speaking guide. Language speaking guides (Chinese, German, French and Japanese) are available on paying extra premium.
7. Government Sustainable Development Fee of $65 per person per night stay in Bhutan. This money goes for rural development, poverty reduction, free education, free medical services and infrastructure development such as road construction in Bhutan.
8. All government taxes
9. Bottled water during the tour
The minimum daily tariff does not cover the following:
1. Flight fares both (international and domestic)
2. Travel insurance
3. Tips and gratuity to guide and driver (not compulsory)
4. Beverages and Laundry
5. Any cost incurred due to road blockage, delayed/cancelled flights and any cost beyond our control.
Single travelers have to pay $40 per night stay as surcharges on top of minimum daily tariff and Dual travelers (2 travelers) have to pay $30 per person per night stay as surcharges for both Peak and Lean tourist season of Bhutan.
Surcharges are not applicable to tourists travelling in a group of 3 or more.
3. Bhutan Visa Fee
All the visitors to Bhutan have to bear a onetime payment of $40 as Bhutan Visa fee.
1. The above mentioned tariff and prices are not applicable to regional tourist – Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivians.
2. With effect from 1 December 2017 till 31 December 2020, tourists visiting to 6 eastern districts (Mongar, Trashigang, Trashiyangtse, Lhuntse, Pemagatshel & Samdrup Jongkhar) are exempted from paying a government royalty or sustainable development fee of $65 per person per night stay in Bhutan. To visit the above mentioned districts, tourists have to pay only $185 per person per night stay during peak tourist season and $135 per person per night stay during lean tourist season.