The Royal Government of Bhutan has set up a minimum selling price for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollar prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- High Season Tariff – USD$ 250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
- Low Season Tariff – USD$ 200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual US$ 40 per night (Peak and Lean season)
- Group of 2 persons US$ 30 per person per night (Peak and Lean season)
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by Tourism Council of Bhutan.
The above mentioned Tariff covers the following cost:
- All internal taxes and charges
- Government royalty of $65 per day
- All Meals
- Government approved standard 3 star hotels in twin sharing basis room.
- Licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guide
- All Internal Transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours ( If applicable)