Tour duration: 10 days and 9 nights
Tour types: Motor cycle tour and Cultural Sightseeing
Destination: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Wangduephodrang, Trongsa and Bumthang.
Accommodations: 3 star hotels / Guest houses
Transport: Motor cycle and back up vehicle.
Entry/ Start: Paro
Exit/ End: Paro
Day 01: Arrival at Paro – Paro vicinity tour
Fly into Paro either from Bangkok, Singapore, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata. Enjoy riding around Paro valley and pay visit to Paro Dzong/fortress, Paro Museum and Kichu Lhakhang.
Day 02: Tigers Nest hike
After breakfast, you will ride towards the base and hike towards Tigers Lair. The monastery is one of Bhutan’s holiest shrines and an amazing structure that crosses all boundaries of architectural masterpiece, Taktsang (Tiger’s Lair) monastery is perched some 1000m/3000ft on a cliff overlooking a valley. On return ride to the Ruins of Drugyel Dzong which is under renovation.
Day 03: Paro - Thimphu (65km, 1 hour ride)
Sites to visit in Thimphu: Buddha statue, Takin zoo, Textile museum, memorial stupa and Tashichoe dzong.
Day 04: Thimphu – Punakha (77 km, 3 hours ride)
Ride to Punakha via Dochula pass (3100 m). At Punakha pay visit to Khemae Lhakhang, Punakha Dzong and Khamsum Yulley Namgyal choeten.
Day 05: Punakha – Trongsa (142 km, 6 hours ride)
Enjoy riding to Trongsa via Pelela Pass (3,300m). Almost our entire day will be spent on road. At Trongsa pay visit to majestic Punakha dzong.
Day 06: Trongsa – Bumthang (68 km, 3 hours ride)
Ride towards Bumthang via Yotong La pass (3,400 m). Pay visit to Jakar Dzong at Bumthang.
Day 07: Bumthang Excursion
In the morning ride to Mebar Tsho (burning lake). From here ride back to Bumthang and spent your day riding around Bumthang valley and visiting to tourists sites such as Kurje, Tamzhing and Jampay monasteries.
Day 08: Bumthang – Gangtey (188 km, 6 hours ride)
Gangtey valley is amongst the most beautiful valley in Bhutan known for its unique visitors, the black necked crane which migrates during winter months from northern India and southern China.
Day 09: Gangtey - Paro (200 km, 6 hours ride)
Enjoy long ride back to Paro via Dochula Pass. Enjoy your last day at Paro.
Day 10: Departure
Your wonderful tour of Bhutan comes to end today. After breakfast, your guide and driver will see you off at Paro international airport for you onward destination.
Fly out either to Bangkok, Singapore, Katmandu, Dhaka, Delhi or Kolkata
Cost of booking 10 days motor cycle tour in Bhutan are as follows:
Peak tourist season (March, April, May, September, October & November)
Single Traveler : $3075
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2915 Per Person
3 and above : $2615 Per Person
Lean tourist season (December, January, February, June, July & August)
Single Traveler : $2850
Dual/ 2 Travelers : $2690 Per Person
3 and above : $2210 Per Person
The above mentioned price covers the following:
- Tour vehicles/ Back up vehicle with experienced driver
- All meals – (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- All accommodations in 3 star hotels/ guest houses in twin sharing basis – (Up gradation to 4 stars and 5 stars available on paying the extra premium).
- Licensed English speaking tour guide – (Language speaking guides for French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Thai are available on paying extra premium of $60 - $100).
- Sustainable Development fee of US $65 per person per night spent in Bhutan – (This money goes for a very good cause of reducing poverty, rural development, free medical services and free education for Bhutanese people).
- Entrance fees to all tourist sites
- Tea and snacks during the day
- Bottled water during the day
- Bhutan Visa Fee of US $40
- Hiring cost for bikes (Royal Enfield)
The above mentioned price does not cover the following:
- Airfare (both international and domestic)
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, Beverages and tips
- Any cost incurred due to flight cancellation, delayed flight or road blockage